Thursday 28 May 2009

Day 2 of route 66 tour

Well, day two and the shit is already flying.
After watching Man United get concincingly beaten by a much better side, I headed to the pub for a few drinks with the cast. I called Kev for a bit to have a chat and discuss keyboard players for his cruise. Still so gutted that I cannot go but that's life. One door closes another opens, I hope at least.
We got in today at 10:00 and 2 hours later, not much rehearsal has been done. The band have run through a few tunes but that's about it. Yesterday we ran the whole first half and were done, quite productive as the 'dep' girl learned loads of stuff while we were running through it. Today so far has not lived up to it!
I arranged a meet with my old mate Mandie for the scheduled 1:00 lunch break but was then told lunch was at 12:00 so had to cancel. Life on the road with Route 66, I'm already sick of it and we've not even done one show yet!
I fear a long and tedious time ahead over the next seven weeks!!!

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: