Tuesday 2 June 2009

Blackpool Pier

Today started really well, was a bit late getting to Ian's after forgetting my wallet and hitting traffic, but the schedule wasn't affected too much.

After leaving clive's house, Clive mentioned that John called saying that today's show was going to be pulled. They've only sold 24 tickets. I mean, Jeez, that's depressing! There's definitely more important things than money when it comes to playing for me. Suddenly the trip up has turned a little glum.

But after getting here, this story has changed somewhat. Apparently, 400 tickets have been sold and given out for free. I guess the thinking is if they ate going to lose money they may as well do it to as many people as possible because that might generate a little repeat business in the future... Or something like that.

It's a lovely pier and the theatre at the end has loads of character. It Needs a little bit of a doing up though. The same can be said about the whole of Blackpool as it happens. I guess it was lovely in the 50's but precisely nothing has been spent on it since and so it's about a clapped out as a 60 year old hooker that's still trying to appeal to young sailors... Or something like that.

Right now I'm sat outside at the end of the pier with a drink celebrating phil's birthday. The sun I out and I'm feeling a little more upbeat about the gig. I'll do another post later about how it went down.

Laters!!

X



Geolocate this post.



Posted with LifeCast


No comments: