Wednesday 3 June 2009

Boston Aftermath

Boston is a really nice town and the theatre, albeit small but full of character. The backstage entrance was set in a old 16th century cobbled street. No shit, I was expecting a young scally in shorts and flat cap asking something like, "er sir, can yee spare a penny. Oil shine ya shoe I will cor blimey and no mistake" I was trying me best there to depict something you'd expect to see from Oliver twist or a Christmas carol or something. Anyway, it was something like that.

Set up and sound chechecked, off to dinner we went. Blah blah nothing interesting to say so I'll cut to the chase and talk about the show.

No fucker was in again!! Well, not many probably around 100 of something near. It was a small theatre and we can't even sell that out. Man alive this is doing nothing for my psyche!

I played rather lackluster as a result but some part through the second half I noticed someone air drumming along and mouthing something to the person next to him. From afar and with a fair amount of paranoa at play, it appeared that he was giving me a slating. You know like I'd play a beat or a fill, he'd be playing along and be saying shit to this person along the lines of, "sloppy as f##k!!! I can do better than that!!" of course this was all happening in my head. So I started heating shit up and giving it some fire. Childish I know but suffice as to say I started enjoying it a lot more and the band said that the gig was better second half. The lesson being I shouldn't let a crappy turn out kill my mood.

Had a drink in the bar after and we all went for a Chinese after before heading to spalding travelodge.

Please let there a decent crowd in tomorrow!!!


Geolocate this post.



Posted with LifeCast


No comments: